Barnes & Noble Community Business Development Manager in Colorado Springs, Colorado
Community Business Development Manager
CO - Colorado Springs - Briargate - 2863
As a Community Business Development Manager, you achieve sales goals and increase account sales through proactive outreach to corporations, institutions, schools, nonprofit agencies and literary organizations. You spend the majority of your time outside the store as a representative of Barnes & Noble, cultivating existing business, generating new sales opportunities, and helping to make us a valuable resource in the communities we serve. You care about and value people and exemplify our core values.
• Achieve annual sales goals outlined by the Business Development Department and consistently grow our customer base to meet the Company’s financial objectives
• Increase account sales through proactive outreach to prospective institutional and corporate customers, using the sales process to effectively target, initiate the appropriate contacts, and make sales presentations
• Generate and qualify sales leads and prepare sales action plans and strategies to achieve results
• Secure initial and ongoing meetings and conduct strategic and effective sales presentations with representatives at corporations, institutions, schools, nonprofit agencies and literary organizations to cultivate existing accounts and to generate new business
• Inform store management, in a timely manner, of all sales and bookfair contracts to ensure their proper execution
• Ensure customer service satisfaction and good client relationships, as well as following up on sales activity; Conduct proactive outreach to educators to increase educator card enrollments, drive sales and promote our educational products and services
• Research the community to identify localized business opportunities, and create and implement programs to expand the Company’s sales potential, in partnership with the store manager
• Utilize our account management tool to efficiently manage the sales process and customer database
• Attend weekly store managers’ meetings and educate store team about business development services, enthusiastically model selling behavior, share technical knowledge, and recommend ways to connect our customers with the right solutions or products.
• Proven business development skills and strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills
• Spend approximately 80% of your time outside the store in sales-driving activities which include conducting outreach and local client meetings, making sales presentations, and performing sales research, customer follow-up and maintenance.
• College degree preferred.
• You should have experience in one or more of the following fields: sales (preferably outbound sales in retail), education, marketing, fundraising and development, or public relations.
Barnes & Noble is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.